|TIME||flexible, 6 months|
|START DATE||February 1, 2014|
As a Web Developer Intern for Girls’ Globe, you will be involved in developing girlsglobe.org (internally and externally), including visualizing Girls’ Globe’s live conference coverage and participating in the development of The Girls’ Globe Database Project, which will include women’s based organizations around the world. Your first task will be to develop Girls’ Globe Live, a platform compiling and displaying conference specific blogs, Twitter feeds, Instagram feeds, videos, and more.
You will work together with Girls’ Globe’s core team, and report directly to Girls’ Globe’s Executive Director, getting exposure to Girls’ Globe’s global network and global events and conferences within the realm of women’s and girls’ empowerment
You must be:
- in line with the values of Girls’ Globe
- flexible – able to conduct small, easy tasks, as well as, work with the core development of girlsglobe.org
- a team player – able to work in a multicultural team spread across the world
- independent – able to work efficiently on your own
- good at working with tight deadlines
You need working knowledge of these platforms and tools:
- Database Skills: MS SQL server, MySql
- WordPress Blog customization, WordPress CMS development, WordPress Theme Design
- All things Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, etc.)
- Google Hangout and YouTube
Apply by sending your resume, application letter and links to previous work to email@example.com.